Sunday, April 15, 2007

Panic at the Disco-- and by Disco, I Mean Living Room

I thought breaking my CAMERA was bad...
but a broken computer is way worse

I didn't break my computer-- it crashed. But it's a Mac, you say. Macs don't crash. Yeah. That's what I thought, too. To be fair, I've had it for 5 years, and it has never crashed before. Friday night, I was minding my own business, doing some work (Yes, work. On a Friday night. Surely we've discussed my glamorous life before), and I put my computer down to get an apple. I came back to this screen, which the Topher Grace-ish computer guy at the Mac Shop told me is called Kernel Panic. I thought he said Colonel Panic, and I figured I was the freaking 5-Star General Panic I was so freaked out about losing my hard drive.

I was trying to act all nonchalant about my computer, too, because I didn't want to be charged extra for repairs because I seem like such a desperate sucker, but A) I am a desperate sucker, and B) as my mom pointed out, you can't come across as nonchalant when you are waiting outside for the store to open at 11 am, sweating and clutching your computer and power cord in both hands.

Anywho, I'll know the status of my computer early next week. Until then, I'm using Ben's Gateway and hating Vista with every ounce of my soul. I don't care about the computer. Don't get me wrong, I was trying to wait until October when Apple launches its new operating system to get my new computer, but I've had my Powerbook for quite some time and am excited to try a Macbook. I am not, however, the best backer-upper of my files. Which is totally stupid, I know. Besides a huge iTunes music and video collection (some of which I can download again and some of which might be gone forever), I also have 3500 pictures of Harry (extreme, I know), and a ton of Word and Excel files. I did burn most things to CD about a year ago (stupid to go so long without back up, I know, already), but tons of stuff (like GRADES!!! and my prelims reading lists, outlines, and questions) will be gone for good. Thank goodness I have my dissertation on my email. (Because I am not that stupid, people, please).

But we did get a new camera. This one . In white. We totally love it and are just waiting to break our cell phones and TVs, so we can have a total technoupdate.

Here are some pictures from the new camera. We got very drunk on Friday night (on a bottle of wine. No one of or over age should get that drunk on a bottle of wine. Even if they do only have one kidney) to mourn my possible total file loss. We had a housewarming party on Saturday, and we went to the zoo on Sunday. All fun.













1 comment:

  1. Adorable. Isn't that zoo great? Oh, and I get drunk on one glass of wine. LOL. Who would have ever seen that coming for us? I'm up for a trip up to Madison to play anytime. Looks like the weather will cooperate from now on... no more cold anyway! You let me know when you have real "free" time (trust me, I totally understand if you are busy). This Friday? Call me. :)

    ReplyDelete