Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Want To Know the Worst Thing About a Dead Rodent in Your Basement?

There's really nothing you can do about it.

We really can't find it.

As per a very helpful webpage we Googled, we've used our noses to ascertain the location where the smell is strongest. That would be a light switch (yes, damn it. it smells like the freaking stench is pouring out of the light switch, okay?) on the wall in our basement that helps make up the stairs to our main level. Which would make sense since the smell is moving up the stairs to our main level. Where we live. And eat. Used to eat.

Oh my god.

And? The icing on my personal cake is that I have a wicked strong sense of smell these days because of the pregnancy. All dead rodent all the time. Smell-o-vision. I hung out upstairs ALL DAY today. Went out to lunch. And snack. Couldn't eat dinner, but managed to choke down some Sour Patch Kids and Squirt while I watched L.A.Ink.

Only the best for this baby. Who? By the way? Freaked me out today. I had an OB appointment, and I was excited because I am 11 weeks and thought I could hear the heartbeat. Well, the nurse couldn't find it. The nurse practitioner couldn't find it. The doctor couldn't find it. Sooo, he busted out his portable ultrasound machine (which, he assured me, wasn't powerful enough to let us "take the tour" but could certainly find the heartbeat), and we saw the little flicker. Phew. The baby was flipping and twirling and squirming-- it was hard to get a good glimpse of the heartbeat because of the movement, so everything is great. All the sugar aand caffeine is just keeping it hopping. Oh! And it got really big in the last 2 weeks. It has a face, or at least a profile, and stumpy little arms and legs. Very cute.

In just 9 short weeks, we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl. December 7th at 4:00 in the afternoon. Mark your calendars.

I should be asleep right now, but genius me had a 1/2 caff latte at 3 pm, so I'm still a little jazzed.

Here's Harry at Target, about to eat my shopping list. He always does that-- like he's a spy and my list is a top government secret.


Ha ha -- he's stuck in this skillet.


Look at that reach!


This is how he woke up from his nap-- staring contemplatively at his toes.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 AM

    good luck on your rodent hunt..ask your mom about our experiences when we moved in here...Bomma. Harry appears to be thriving in spite of the odor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the dead rodent thing is the WORST! Eventually it won't smell so bad.

    Charlie eats my shopping list too. Once he ate a coupon for $2 off formula. Thanks a bunch, kid!

    The pics are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:22 PM

    He looks so grown up! I looked at the hyperlink to November 06. He has changed sooo much I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete