Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Forty Below

Okay, so that was last Wednesday. And the wind chill, not the *real* temperature. But still. Cold enough that the class I teach was cancelled, and too cold for me and Harry to go anywhere or do anything. Because the local schools were all closed, and when that happens, my gym closes its daycare room, too. I understand their rationale-- they have enough snot nosed preschoolers running around and do not need any snot nosed big kids to add to the mix. But still. it sucks to not be able to leave the house. I know because we are spending another cloistered snow day together right now. Is it nap time yet? Is it? is it? How about now?

Clearly Harry is bored, too. But he may actually have a devious plan for drumming up some excitement. I bet it has something to do with the contents of my cabinets he has flung on the floor behind him.

But he's not so happy to take pictures with me.




He'd way rather sit in this puddle of sunshine and commune with his water bottle (WAWA BABA-- to be screamed repeatedly at the top of your lungs, if you want to know how the locals say it)

Here he is playing with the much-maligned sample jewelry cleaner from his Malloween basket. Hmmm, maybe Helzberg Diamonds knew what they were doing after all.

OH MY GOD! DEODORANT!! OUR DAY HAS BEEN SAVED! THAT'S SO EXCITING AND FUN AND AWESOME.


But I have to tell you, that day is looking pretty damn entertaining compared to today's line up, which consists of trying not to watch TV and maybe picking up enough toys/ sweeping and dusting enough surfaces so our house cannot be described as squalid. The trick is to lower your expectations.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, being cooped up by the weather is the WORST! If we don't get out to some kind of climbing SOMETHING every day Charlie is not a happy boy. I hope it warms up for you guys soon.

    p.s. I had a dream you guys were our neighbors. You were nice neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 PM

    He is just so cute! Tell me about being cooped up in the house - 12 inches of snow in the last 12 hours. Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had such lovely here in DC, I am sure the universe is ready to even it out and I will be cooped up until Mid-May once this warm front goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:08 PM

    He looks like he is having a great time!I thought you guys ran around up there no matter what the weather was like! I am relieved that even the intrepid ones stay home when it's too cold out.
    If it was 30 below wind chill, I would stay in all winter. But I am a weather wimp.

    ReplyDelete