Friday, February 22, 2008

Nakey Hello

I really love coming home from campus on the day I teach. I usually arrive right around bath time, which means that dinner is over, and I don't have to scrape macaroni off of a plastic tray or mop the floor around Harry's chair, or try to fill those last crabby 45 minutes before the nighttime routine begins. Instead, all I have to do is say hello and maybe read a bedtime story or two, unless I am too hungry and absolutely must warm up whatever Ben and Harry ate for dinner and inhale it while perusing US Weekly, in which case Ben tells Harry that mommy needs to eat, and he finishes the nighty night for me. Heaven.

What's really amazing, though, is how happy Harry is to see me.

He couldn't even let me take off my coat off before he needed a hug, even though he was, as he says, nakey.


Sometimes, I just feel so lucky. Can't wait to have more of these guys running around. And luckily, it looks like I don't have to wit too much longer, as my belly button has already popped out, and I am starting to wonder if avoiding stretch marks the second time around will be impossible because seriously, I could not possibly get any bigger. Except I can. And I will. Freaky.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 AM

    what makes all we do worthwhile..isn't it? Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is adorable!!! They do love being naked don't they? What a nice homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you send me an email (academomia at gmail dot com) I will give you Ryan's contact info. He's been working at the university and last night he said "The campus is nice but I didn't see Sarah or Ben or Harry." It would be fun if you could meetup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:46 PM

    How cute is this? can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Ethan is that way when Husband comes home--nothing can contain his glee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:13 PM

    CUTENESS! ~Stumpie

    ReplyDelete