Friday, April 11, 2008

Dear Baby Who Is Still in my Tummy,

Don't you want to come out and play with us? Have some bup? Be more like this guy, Harry the naked truck driver,

who walks around and has a shadow?

It's cool that he lives outside me, and you should think about that, too, since I am getting more uncomfortable by the second and none of my shoes fit anymore, and my back hurts. Also, it is nice out here. See the blue sky?

Your dad and I even practiced taking care of 2 kids. It was cool.

Messy,

but cool.


Also cool? Us! We'll let you finger paint a lot, and we'll probably finger paint you.

Harry might even let you wear his fire fighter hat (but probably not, so you shouldn't ask).

And we'll buy you stuff-- like this 75-cent shovel-- that is so cool you want to nap with it.


So really, kid. I have 4 more rhetorical criticism papers to grade and a paper to give at a conference tomorrow, and then let's do this thing, what do you say?

Love,
your mom who has really bad heartburn and about 13 extra chins.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, you must be so uncomfortable (I'm extrapolating from the way I feel at a measley 15 weeks). It's so exciting that he's almost here though!! Tell Ben to make you some cookies and serve them to you still warm while you lay on the couch and watch Sex and the City DVDs. That's how I made it through the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are still pregnant! LOL I have to say, though, very convincing arguments for McLovin to get out of your belly...hope he joins you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:22 PM

    we're waiting eagerly for news, but you are too, I imagine...we love you all, Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:45 PM

    You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete