Friday, June 20, 2008

New Jobs

More like a new old job and a brand new start-up job.

Well, not for Jack. He's still just lying around looking squishy. In fact, I've started calling him Squish, a nickname I am sure he'll appreciate when he's 12.

Harry has taken up make believe in a big way. Here he is pretending to be mommy, wearing my shorts and pushing Baby Elmo to the post office.


But neither of these occupations is the new job I'm speaking of.

Okay, so I am no longer a lowly teaching assistant. Instead, I am a lowly lecturer who is the assistant director of the department's public speaking course. And for the first time ever, I have an office that I don't have to share.

Ben, however, has given up his current corner office (and his great job and his Blackberry although I think the bastard is getting an iPhone, which totally pisses me off because I am still Verizon's prisoner until November and he always acted like iPhones were dumb and now he's getting one, which is also how he acted about my computer, which he now uses all the time because Vista sucks) to work for this place, a new website that was born right here in town. His office (which he shares with the company's 2 other employees-- ha!) is like a block away from mine-- how cool is that??

Check out The Class Connection. It's really cool. Teachers-- tell your classes to use it! Students, upload your notes and use the site's awesome study tools. (Katie and Cathleen-- It makes FLASH CARDS. And we all know YOU'RE MAKING FUN OF MY FLASH CARDS!! Awww, high school chemistry class-- I miss you so.)

If you have questions about it, email Ben : ben at the class connection dot com (not sure if this address is up and running right this second, but it will be soon).

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 AM

    How cool! Congrats to you all. I hope it will be something he will really like doing every day. Jack can certainly live with "squishy" my parents used to say I was a "red-headed pygmy with moles" seriously. That led to slightly more self-loathing at age 12. Jaime Long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Congrats to you both! That's wonderful. ~Stumpf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:49 PM

    Congratulations again to both of you! I am so proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 PM

    I think Squish is adorable and does sleep sometimes apparently..and of course we are very proud of both you and Ben and your new jobs....Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is such great news! So jealous of the office! When I had Charlie I had to work at home or pump at my desk in the grad office with three other guys and a girl. Love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new jobs! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:18 AM

    For the record your flashcards were fairly strange. Also for the record I carried you in sophomore bio. Just wanted that out there. I am happy for you and your new position!! It will be great to actually be closer to Ben (well done Ben) and to have some prestige. Well done!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete