Monday, November 03, 2008

Yum

Trick-or-treating was pretty much the high point of Harry's life so far. As you can see, it pays to live in a neighborhood with very few small children. We knew it was time to go home when his bucket was so heavy he could not carry it on his own.

No post-treat picture of Harry, who shed his costume and smeared himself from chin to thigh with Hershey bars the moment he burst back through our door. But here is our top banana with his scepter.


**Tangent** While I am writing this, Harry is playing a really involved game with some of Jack's baby toys (which have become the best toys in the house in Harry's eyes ever since Jack stated to show an interest in them) that consists of him repeating 2 things: "Somebody's in trouble" and "I am Spartacus." What the heck?

It's NaBloPoMo, and I wish I could participate. Every year I say I will and then every year I realize that I need to finish my frigging dissertation, not post on my blog everyday. But this year, I am have come to the sad realization that I've been finishing my dissertation for years.

Another sad realization? I talk too much while getting my hair cut-- definitely use my eye brows too much during the critical bang-trimming moment. Note the slope. Also, yes, Harry has a blow pop, too. He also watches lots of cartoons. Sometimes while he eats blow pops.


Even though he has a couple inches to go before he's too big for his infant seat, Jack has started sitting up in shopping carts.

Clearly, he is dumbfounded by produce

The 2 cart thing is a little inconvenient. Also, it's weird that the grocery store deli is a place to capture memories, huh? I think Nipples in the green shirt thought so, too.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 AM

    looks like Halloween was a great success...also don't some of the stores have double seats in the grocery carts..I used to take two carts..your mom would walk beside me, Boo would be in one cart and the twins in the other (in the back is infant seats)not very safe but we needed groceries..Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJU5 loves to ride in the cart. She still fits in her infant seat, but I don't like hauling it around. It looks like Jack likes the vertical view too! Costco does have the double seats - do you think the boys would do well next to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Sounds like Harry watches Lazy Town. Sportacus (sp?) always saves someone in trouble. :) Maybe I watch Lazy Town too much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha "I'm Spartacus". Trick or treating was a huge hit around here too. Not so much on the one piece of candy per day rule though. We should start a Facebook group called "I've been 'finishing' my dissertation for two presidential administrations."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Lazy town!! That would make way more sense than that Kirk Douglas movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:41 AM

    That is too funny! I love to see these guys' adventures! (What is "Lazy Town"?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO @ Spartacus! Two carts? yeesh! maybe I'm glad my reproductive system seems to be defunct.

    ReplyDelete