Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dude! You guys! We found our tribe!




Our douche bag hippy, yuppy tribe!

At preschool orientation for the kids' new school, where all of the moms appeared to have come from work, everyone was our age, all the dads came, too, and everyone's child is the most special snowflake ever to grace the whole world. The school serves milk and water at lunch, and one dad wanted to know if the milk was organic. Upon hearing that is wasn't (which? BULLSHIT! Tuition is about the same as Bradley-- the milk should be organic), he asked for instructions for bringing and labeling his own milk. One of the moms wanted to know what BRAND of sunscreen the school puts on kids before outside time (because she was worried it was Coppertone-- she might be my Skin Deep soul sister) and she needed to know the DEET content of the bug spray. I love her already. (The sunscreen is Blue Lizard. It's no Badger, but what are you going to do?) (You are going to bring the Badger and put it in your kids' cubbyholes, that's what.) (Kidding.) (Maybe.)


Then a loudspeaker announcement came on and told all the classrooms to meet the yoga instructor on the back hill.

COULD THIS PLACE BE MORE PERFECT? (did I mention the chef?)

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an incredible place... what a match ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tripod1:37 PM

    I know the feeling! We felt like that at dinner the other night when we saw other diners dressed like us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.

    My special snowflake went to free preschool in a $3 walmart shirt today. :)

    (Isn't Badger the best? Ethan is pale as a ghost after swimming all summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I'm still waiting to find my douchey hippy tribe here but happy to see that you've found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! I stumbled across this blog looking for skin care stuff and now I am freaking out that the Alba moisturizer I THOUGHT was so good gets a rating of an 8 and has been linked to reproductive/developmental toxicity (I happen to be 20 weeks pregnant). This FREAKS me out! Can I ask what kind of moisturizer you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's awesome!! I LOVE that they have yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know why I love you? Because you're this excited about the kind of place that sounds like my personal hell.

    We'll always be bosom buddies, friends, sisters and pals...

    I dunno how to make musical notes appear in a comment box.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it is a good fit your y'all.

    ReplyDelete