Wednesday, August 04, 2010

This creeped me out

Ben had our dirty, dirty kids in the tub the other night, and I was vacuuming the upstairs. In our room, I saw these tiny little hands reaching out from under our quilt, super creepy style:

I was relieved when I lifted up the bedspread and saw this sad little guy:

Next to our night table was a giant hairy spider. Neither Ben nor I could tell if it was real or a toy, and we took turns chaperoning the kids in the tub while the other person held the vacuum and stared with horror at it.

Finally Ben vacuumed it up, and we will never again be able to empty the vacuum canister in the garage because WHAT IF IT WAS A REAL SPIDER?

If you couldn't tell from the not-one-but-two vacuum anecdotes in this post, there's nothing going on around here.

My brother moved in, and I promise to take pics of his place later on. Last week we saw Despicable Me on a rainy afternoon, and it was super cute. We've been to the pool. A lot. Tomorrow, I am thinking about spending a couple of hours at my office doing a bit more fall prep work, but I might go get a massage instead because the being me. It is rough. Riveting stuff, huh?

What's new with you?

4 comments:

  1. I totally thought it was that damn elf you had around your house at Christmas and I didn't want to scroll down to see the rest of your post.

    Thank god it was just Woody.

    I truly think those elves are effing possessed.

    Today is Elisabeth's first day of school. And I've signed Julia up for Little Gym. We'll see if she likes it or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pretty much go to the gym, go the grocery store, then sit around thinking about how bad we wished preschool started in August and not September. We are all done with summer.

    There is a giant spider in our baby pool and I think it is worth lugging the kids and all our crap to the neighborhood pool just to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right after I met Sam, he vacuumed up an enormous beetle. A week later, he went out of town. I stayed at his place because I was in between awesome grad school lodgings and when I went to use the vacuum cleaner, THE BEETLE CAME OUT and almost gave me a heart attack at age 23.

    So be careful with your vacuum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on vacation in the DC area & gnashing my teeth and pulling my hair over giving up my BlogHer ticket. Sigh.

    I'm pretty relieved those hands were just Woody. Kinda freaked me out for a second.

    ReplyDelete