Sunday, November 14, 2010

Quiet weekend

We had a lovely, quiet weekend. Lots of cooking, which was a nice change of pace from our usual weekends, which are spent inside one restaurant after another. I even made a delicious chocolate layer cake, and if I had it to do over again, I would put more chocolate between the layers, but other than that-- delicious. I even topped it with chocolate shavings from Hershey bars from the boys' long forgotten Halloween stash.

Harry loved it

(Jack did too, but he ate his before I could take a picture.)

Ben surprised Harry with a trip to the Badger game on Saturday, and when Harry found out where they were going, he jumped up and down and clapped his fat little hands. "Just me and you Dada?" he asked. He looked at his shirt. "Mama!" he said. "You put me in a Wisconsin shirt this morning! Dd you know I would be going to see Bucky?"

He had a great time despite the freezing rain and a long walk to the stadium


2 comments:

  1. Aww, fun!! That sounds like a great weekend. I would love to take Charlie to a football game one day. Yay for father-son time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend1

    ReplyDelete