Monday, May 09, 2011

Case of the Mondays

I am in a vaguely crappy mood today because we are facing a week of terrible weather and because I did not one spec of the work I brought home with me over the weekend and have tons of stuff to do today (hire a fall staff! grade final papers! get ready for a meeting tomorrow!) and tons of kid stuff, too (drop off! doctor's appointment where I will find I have gained about 17 pounds! pick up and feed the kids dinner before Ben comes home!) as well as just personal odds and ends (blog! go to the gym! write in the baby's book! fold laundry! keep reading Tina Fey's hilarious Bossypants!).

BUT, I remembered a detail of yesterday that I wanted to write down. The restaurant where we breakfasted gave out long-stemmed roses to all the moms (sort of nice-- waitress calling me mom? not really nice, actually). After we loaded the boys in the car, I handed my rose to Jack and ran back inside to pee for the 46th time of the morning (um, baby? we still have 17 weeks to go, so you might want to give my bladder a rest). When I came back, my flower was in pieces, and Jack sweetly handed me a section of stem and some sweaty petals. He beat the shit out of Harry with it while I was gone. Ahhh, little boys.

5 comments:

  1. Bossypants is on it's way to my house right now! I heart Tina Fey.

    The rose story made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, brothers. We're having a fun, violent day today.

    Sorry about the business! If we had preschool today I'd be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE when strangers call me "Mom" What is that? I got that on the phone with the advice nurse the other night. Right after she asked my name. Gah!

    I can totally picture the rose carnage. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tripod7:09 PM

    Love it! I read The Help Sat. Despite the one dimensional male characters, I am embarrassed to admit I cried at the end. But the guys were all just prototypes. I had more dimension to my Ken doll than her boyfriend, her dad, or the abusive guy had. The pervert by the pool was the most believable male inth
    E book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bossypants made me the crazy lady at the gym laughing out loud while running - so good!

    ReplyDelete