Monday, August 29, 2011

39 Weeks and a Couple of Days.


This baby is apparently very comfy in here because he doesn't seem ready to evacuate. Every night, I have contractions for a few hours and then nothing. Such a tease.

Today, Harry and I went over to his school to meet his teacher and drop off his supplies. He was wildly chatty. His teacher was lovely. There are only 17 kids in his class, and they all have their own lockers, which are as tiny and adorable as you might imagine.

When he starts school later this week, he'll go ALL DAY 5 days a week. Totally crazy. All-day kindergarten is the only option in this district, but it seems like a lot of school for a little guy.

As much as I want to have the baby, I also want to be there for Harry's first day. I found an adorable photo pose on Pinterest which involved the purchase of a small slate, and I have already promised to make Harry chocolate chip brownies for his very first kindergarten after school snack. (I also got healthier snack ideas on Pinterest for later-- on the first day, he gets whatever he wants).

He was so relieved to find tons and tons and tons of toys in his classroom-- I think he was under the impression that kindergarten is all work all the time. He was also thrilled to discover that his class gets to play on BOTH playgrounds. The teacher asked him if he had any questions about kindergarten, and he tipped his head back and thought about it before asking, "Can we play on the big kid playground during recess?" When she said yes, he said, "Oh good. I have been so worried about that."

Well then. Sounds like he's going to be fine.

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, mama, and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to be there for your little man's first day of school.

    What's your pinterest name? I want to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tripod8:35 AM

    I am so glad H has his priorities straight! I thought he'd ask about academic testing or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sweet boy!! I'm glad you'll get to be there for the first day. All day is huge! I'm already intimidated by it and it's a year away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be great -- he will love it and by week two, you'll be asking yourself why in the hell Jack can't go all day, too. Seriously. Especially once the baby comes. You'll be watching that clock and cursing the fact you have to get the baby up to drag yourself down the block. :)

    Come on, already, Baby 3. Let's get this show on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look adorable. Harry will have the best time at kindergarten - Izzy didn't have a single problem adjusting to all day. She said all day didn't seem that long, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the things Harry was worried about. And hopefully the littlest brother will make an appearance SOON!

    ReplyDelete