Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gah!

I woke up before 5 to record  few lectures for my online class while the house was still quiet.  And since then, everything I have done has been sub-sub standard.  I have been drying the same fucking load of laundry all day only to realize it is on AIR FLUFF.  Took me almost 8 hours to realize that.  So, that's totally awesome.

I usually have the laundry put away by now.

Instead, I am staring down a messy house and 3 baking projects: gluten free sugar cookies in the shape of leaves for Harry's class party tomorrow, a couple dozen tiny pumpkin pies to take to my grandma's, a double batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies also to take with us this weekend.  And then there's all the rest of the party stuff: 24 little plastic cups to fill with butter cream frosting, 24 more to fill with decorating supplies like mini-chocolate chips, M&Ms, raisins, and sprinkles, the turkey craft to assemble.

Add in the kids' morning drawing mess that's still on the floor, evidence of Cooper's snack all over the living room, two loads of laundry flopping around in the dryer, one resting in a basket on top of the dryer, and one languishing in the washer-- all of which need to be put away before 3 when Ben gets home because if they're not then I lose the right to bitch at him when I have to put the alundry away on his home days, and I like to bitch, obvs. 

And don't forget the huge work project that God is my witness I will be finished with tomorrow so I can enjoy the holiday season with my family or my online adjunct classes which need some interaction like YESTERDAY.

What have I been doing all day?  Target with 2 babies and the Little Gym.  PRIORITIES.

I am off to triage this list (don't ask me how blogging made it to the top).

A note about the girl baby:

I don;t know if it is the teeth that are about to emerge on from her bottom gum or what, but she is totally over food.  She hates YoBaby yogurt, which is unheard of in this house, and she has turned up her cute little nose at the latest batch of squash I made.  Instead, she is all milk all the time, and I am STARVING 24/7.  I have started eating a snack in the middle of the night which I haven't done for a couple of months.

We are trying to give her other food-- like frozen bagels which help soothe her gums.  She also thought this pepper was funny but did not eat it.  Any suggestions for table food that's appropriate for a toothless 8 month old? 
 Only a fourth baby is allowed to play with the toilet.

3 comments:

  1. Megan2:12 PM

    Celery. Also, you could try frozen peaches. Whole Foods sells organic frozen peaches. My baby loves gnawing on them, and the slices are long enough for her to hold herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is her princer grip? If it is decent, try frozen peas or corn. Those were hits with all three of ours by 9m. Also, cooked baby carrots that have been frozen are great for them to chew on. They may not get a ton in this way, but at least it is something. Oh, and O cereals would even work if she can somewhat pick them up (or just have one of the boys feed her one at a time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Does the 5th baby get to play IN the toilet?

    Btw - her Christmas Jammie's are adorable

    ReplyDelete