Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Our car was really dirty and almost out of gas, so we decided to get a new one.

 Ok, that's not exactly true.  I mean, yes, it was really dirty and out of gas.  And yes, we did get a new one today.  But the cause and effect thing is not real.  Maybe subconsciously.  (It was also really scratched up because someone drives like an asshole-- hint:  IT'S ME).

After a brief period of infatuation with a Suburban (THOSE THINGS ARE SO BIG!) we went with another Sienna, because 3 years is my absolute limit on a damn minivan.  What's worse than driving a minivan?  Driving an old minivan.  Bleh.  I really did want a Suburban, but you guys!  Have you looked at the mileage on those things?  I feel like I would have to fill up on the way to the gas station.

This minivan is red

But yes, it is still a minivan.  Sigh.

And I refused to let the kids get the DVD package because the headphones are bluetooth and they do not need to be radiating their fool heads with that nonsense.  I barely want them to get dental x-rays. And plus also, they all have an iPad.  SPEAKING OF RADIATION.

Extra bonus:  Ben took the babies to the car dealership while I was at work today after bringing Dorothy to nurse on campus and bam!  New minivan.  Took 2 hours total.

I had to work today.  It was super fun.  I even ironed a tunic to wear-- I have not ironed in so long the boys all gathered around, shocked and awed by the technology.  I also work tomorrow.  Ben and the babies have big plans to ride around in the new minivan.  BUT NOBODY IS EATING A DAMN THING IN IT DAMNIT.

She tried to pick up a polka dot from her sheet for a good 2 minutes.  And she is 10 months old!
 New minivan!
 Look at that cute little tooth!



5 comments:

Chiconky said...

Your new car is so pretty!

sarah said...

I'm so impressed that you ironed; although I'm kind of surprised its not part of your daily cleaning routine. LOL My guest room has a built-in ironing board that comes down out of the wall--my mother's in heaven when she's here and staying in that room. I will never use it. Ever. :-/

Anonymous said...

Your new van is a great shade of red! Very snazzy.
I'm glad you held off on the Suburban - you'll need it once baby #5 arrives and the little ones are now the middle ones and the big ones are now bigger ones.

Becca said...

I like the red!

Jacob said...

Yes this reminds me of my family life at home, impressed with the ironing, I must say if I did not have a lovely wife who cares for me like she does then I would also be pretty helpless. You have a great family and you are so lucky to have a new car now as well. Thank you again.

Jacob @ Bestway Autos