Tuesday, September 02, 2014

August: What I read

Not only did I not read very many books in August, but I also kind of didn't enjoy reading very much.  I have tons of library fines.  I have let Crazy Rich Asians sit on the hold shelf for a week waiting for me and then be re-shelved-- TWICE.  Ugh.  I swear I will do better in September. But will I really?  We have a ton of stuff going on-- you should see the Google Calendar-- it makes me twitch to even look at it.

Still, I read a few books:

4.  Prayer by Phillip Kerr:  It took me a couple hundred pages to get into this thing, but then I did and it was creepy and tense.  A decent thriller.

3.  The Vacationers by Emma Straub:  I read her book Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures last year and really liked it.  This one was great, too.  A perfect, light summer read.

2.  Landline by Rainbow Rowell:  I LOVE Rainbow Rowell.  Both Eleanor and Park and Fan Girl are terrific.  This one was not quite as good as those two, but I still lapped it up.

1.  Shotgun LoveSongs by Nickolas Butler:   This book is the real deal you guys.  Funny. Sweet.  Wonderful characters, a great plot.  Very Russo-esque.  You should probably read it.

That's a grand total of 72 books for the year.  With only 4 months to go, I don't know if I am going to break 100.  7 books a month?  A little too breakneck for the time I think I'll have.  Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment