Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ben the vampire

HOW could I write a post about my adorable lunch date with Jack and forget the funniest part?

Ben likes to tell the boys that he is a vampire-- he just slips in little tidbits every now and then, and they are about 85% sure he's NOT a vampire, but, as you'll see, the issue of his potential un-deadness is always a little bit on their minds.

Jack asked what we were having for dinner last night while we were at lunch because he is good at making conversation.  I said oven barbecued chicken, roasted broccoli, and garlic smashed potatoes.

"Is Daddy going to eat the potatoes?" he asked.

"Um, yeah?" I replied.  "I assume he will-- he thins they sounds good."

"Oh!" Jack said, his face lighting up.  "Then he can't be a vampire."

"Who the what now?" I asked, totally confused.

"Daddy is not a vampire if he is going to eat garlic on his potatoes," Jack explained slowly, like he was surprised I am so stupid but was committed to doing his best to not make me feel bad about it.  "Because vampires don't like garlic.  Do you see what I mean?"

"Oh," I said, finally catching on. 

"But let's not tell Harry," Jack said and laughed.  "Let him keep thinking about it."

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!!

    Our kids think all food, like strawberries and potatoes, are grown and harvested by unicorns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! I love first graders.

    ReplyDelete