Tuesday, December 30, 2014

December: What I Read

Okay, you guys.  It looks like a I read 102 books this year.  For a second there, I didn't think I would make it, but then we drove to Florida and back, and I had so much time to read!

9.  Undone by Karin Slaughter:  This only took a couple of hours to read.  Sure, I figured it out on the 10th page, but it was still a really entertaining thriller.

8. Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay:  This was a predictable, but sweet, story about 2 sisters.  I think I would ave loved it in the summer.

7. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham:  I am a sucker for memoirs, and this one was hilarious.

6.  Motherhood: The Second Oldest Profession by Erma Bombeck:  Oh, so funny.  So retro. So what mommy blogs used to be.

5.  The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck:  The part about building a tract house in the burbs killed me because, erm, it's my life.

4.  The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty:  You should really read this. I did in the car, and it was even possible to drown out the kids' screaming.

3.  If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits? by Erma Bombeck:  The part about selfless gifts from children made m cry, and the rest was so funny and so exactly like what having small kids is about.

2.  What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty:  A woman his her head at the gym and passes out and forget the last 10 years of her life.  SO GOOD.

1.  The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters: OH MY GOD.  This book is a revelation.  That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment