Sunday, October 25, 2015

Crabby crabby crabby crabby crabby

I had the shittiest, crabbiest day today.  It totally took me by surprise, too, because we slept in until 7:30 (yes.  yes that is sleeping in.  yes, that sure does suck, huh?), had a nice breakfast and a pleasant morning.  Ben took Jack to hockey with Dorothy tagging along, and the other 2 kids played happily while I cleaned bedrooms and bathrooms in record time and was pretty excited because I had big plans to shop for a class playdate we're hosting for Cooper tomorrow  and let the kids spend their Halloween Target gift cards from Ben's parents and carve pumpkins and go grocery shopping and throw together a crockpot soup.  I even thought that I would send an emails to my friends asking for cleaning lady recommendations because it would be much easier to make it through the hockey season with a once (or maybe even twice depending on how good she is) a week cleaning person because our weekends are going to fill up.  This is a big admission for me because I genuinely like to clean my damn house my damn self, and we have tried a lot of different cleaning services and have basically hated them but it would be so nice not to have to clean all weekend (even though cleaning is my zen).  But then Ben came home in a shitty mood, which pissed me off because I was anti-hockey practice today but I played along and was a really good sport about it.  And then I got in a funk and have not really been able to climb out.  I HATE that.  When I know I am being a bitch but just can't help myself.  And then the whole rest of this beautiful day was crabby.

I am a sucker for a kid in hockey gear.
 He snagged this sucker out of a kitchen cabinet I was cleaning out and disappeared.  He played so well in his room today and didn't even mind that the bog boys wanted basically nothing to do with him.
 Beatrix wanted to come out front and watch the pumpkin carving happen.
 Dorothy decided she'd rather draw on hers.  Also, she is into rain boots even when it's not raining.
 Jack looked through this carving book forEVER, but in the end, he just chose between circle, square, or triangle features like usual.
 Harry wore holiday slipper socks all day long.  Because he is Buddy the Elf.
 That's the happiest face I could muster.
 They didn't even mind being elbow deep in guts. (I, however, did).
 Mine's the frown-y one, obvs.
ETA:  The final pics from today FINALLY uploaded.  I have been having trouble with my Phot app on my computer syncing with my phone over wi-fi, and there isn't a pattern to the malfunctions, and it's driving me nuts.  Ugh.

The kids and I are reading this book which was a childhood favorite of mine and of my mom's and they LOVE it!!
 I think I over-bought for a playdate craft.
See, you guys?!  I am so crabby that uploading these two pics was really important to me, but WHY??  I need to go to bed and wake up in a better mood.  Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. I think sometimes you just have to let the funk happen. It's been happening a lot over here, if it makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is the happiest face I could muster". You are hilarious Sarah.

    I'd imagine with your fond love of shopping for crafts and from making all those yummy looking meals and cookies that you enjoy grocery shopping(???) WELL, HATE IT. Worst chore ever. Although, I do love cleaning.... Tradesies??! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to say "I hate it" - not commanding you to hate to with me. Ha!

      Delete