The rest of my resolutions? Not as successful.
- LOSE 20 POUNDS, DAMNIT. For real. Damnit. I am tired of pictures of my face poking out from a mound of fat. This one did not happen. Obvi.
- Read 100 books (again) The month of December has been a complete reading fail, but I have definitely surpassed 100 books Phew!
- Print photos every month and put them in a damn album already This DID happen, but not until October. In October, I printed every freaking picture I have taken since Dorothy was 1 (because when I have a small baby in the house, I do print pictures monthly because babies make everything better.) And now, I just have to print a few every month to stay on track. The album part did not happen, though.
- Finish Dorothy's baby book (SHAMEFUL, I know)-- this might be kind of a sub resolution of the photo one, but whatevs. I AM GOING TO DO IT. Nope. The half-finished book and all the keepsakes to tuck between its pages and all the pictures to cut up and paste in there are still sitting in my closet in a reusable shopping bag where they have been since her birthday party. I kind of feel like that's as done as the book is going to be...
- Write. Something besides this blog. Poetry? Fiction? A goddamn journal article? I DON'T CARE. ANOTHER FAIL. But damn do I wish I could do this.
Ok. So. I sucked at last year's resolutions. That much is clear. Less clear, though, is what the hell I am going to resolve to do this year and whether or not I can stick with it.
I think I can, if I use Gretchen Rubin's habit strategies. I also need to pick things I want to do anyway, like the reading. I have a few ore days to contemplate-- what about you? Any good resoluition suggestions?