Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bullet points without bullets

Losing weight is hard.

I have lost 2 pounds this week, but for awhile, I was in the 4.5 range, and that was exciting because this is the Anthropologie diet after all, and I was looking forward to cashing in on my first 5-pound prize.

But it turns out that phrase nothing tastes as good as skinny feels is a bunch of crap because homemade chocolate chip cookies do.

I worked on my book in the office today and FELL ASLEEP sitting upright in a chair.  So obviously, it's a great book.  I actually blame the semi-comfy chair in my office that I inherited from an old conference room.

Harry went to the doctor today for his effusion, which is GONE.  Thank goodness.  We go back on Friday next week because he is quitting the NSAIDs cold turkey.  Hopefully he never has another, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Tomorrow, I have to do something really hard: walk away from a dirty house and go to a coffee shop to write while the kids are in school.  I MUST resist the temptation to clean everything up and then use the leftover time for writing because there won't be any leftover time.

I also need to eat more food during the day so I am not starving and making bad choices in the early afternoon.

Goals.  I have them.

Coloring in our First Ladies coloring book, which Dorothy calls the scary princess book.
 SO HAPPY HIS EFFUSION IS GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment