Friday, January 01, 2016

RESOLVED

1.  More play.  Cards and games with the kids.  Cards and games with friends.  Tag in the back yard.  Sledding.  Hide and Seek.  Interminable pretend play with preschoolers-- all of it!  As much as I can this year.

2.  Less phone.  So cliche, I know, but more play has to go along with less phone.

3.  Massages every month.  Such a good stress reliever for me, and we have a complimentary medicine benefit through our HMO-- it's silly not to take advantage, so I will.

4.  Pedicures every month.  Such an easy way to feel pretty-- why not?

5.  NO MORE PROCRASTINATING AT WORK.  It just makes me feel bad and prevents me from doing fun projects.  So.  I teach EARLY on Tuesdays, and I am also going to be at work by 9:00 on Thursdays, too (yes, for me early is 9:30.  I KNOW).  I just generally want to be more conscious of compartmentalizing my time.

6. More Blog.  A post every day would be AWESOME, but I'd settle for most days of the week.

7.  A book a week.

8.  At least 10,000 steps, 5 miles, 10 flights of stairs, and 2150 calories burned EVERYDAY NO MATTER WHAT.

2 comments:

  1. I love #1.
    I really enjoy playing games with my nephews. I feel victorious that they happily leave TV/iPads to play board games with me.
    I also have a group of adult friends for Game Night. We aim for once a month and we have the best time. We take turns hosting and the host provides dinner. The guests bring snacks & beverages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals! I love the focus on play. And I love how ambitious you are! Those ten flights of stairs always elude me.

    ReplyDelete