Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring Break Day 3

IT'S REALLY COLD IN ALABAMA!

It's supposed to hit the mid/upper 70s by the middle of the week, but today it is 60 and windy as hell.  I felt like I was at a winter beach, and the sand was cold and white and reminded me a lot of Wisconsin.  I will most definitely be working out in the gym tomorrow morning because I bet it will only be like 38 on the beach in the AM-- yikes!

We started our day on the NASA campus in Huntsville visiting the US Space and Rocket Center-- it was really, really, really fun.  Ben (a space camp alum) and I would have spent more time at the exhibits than the kids wanted to, but we all liked the hands-on stuff.

Before that, though, we hit up the hotel breakfast buffet in our jammies because we are always, always classy like that.

 How cool is this space shuttle test simulator?  It's like SO BIG (that's my deep analysis).
 These guys were stoked.
 THE ROBOT FROM THE MOVE SPACE CAMP practically.
 All the girls were building with these huge blocks and all the boys were beating each other with them.
 Erm.  Thanks?
 This was actually a really cool picture of the boys and a Saturn rocket, but all I have is the behind the scenes version.
 Trying to thrust.
 They are under an actual Saturn rocket (Saturn V, I think).  There was also the Apollo 16 capsule which was awesome and TINY.
 This was the kids' second-favorite thing
 Our favorite thing

 I mean, I pretended to be an Apollo 13 astronaut for sure.
Little kids' favorite thing: a playhouse.  They had a really elaborate version of house on Mars going one for a good 20 minutes.
 Dorothy slept most of the way to the beach.  We thought about waking her up but didn't, and she emerged from her nap happy and ready for cookies and chocolate milk.

 SO HAPPY TO NOT BE IN THE CAR
 The beach!  Our favorite!
 Even when it's cold!
 Or maybe our favorite thing is eating takeout, watching basketball, and playing dolls on the rug before taking a whirlpool and heading to bed.  HARD TO SAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment