Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday whines

On the days that I work from home, I am the opposite of sedentary (why?  why did I say it like that?  why not just say I am active?).  I do a ton of general house crap in addition to my work, and I really never sit down, using the kitchen counter like a stand up desk most of the day (we really need to raise part of the island though because my posture SUCKS).  Office work days, though?  TERRIBLE for me.  I had 6000 steps before I got to my office.  I have been here for just over 3 hours, and I am only at 7500.  Gah.  All of this is to say, I am going to post and run.  Literally.  Well, not literally.  More like post and stroll in my tight jeans and a shirt that makes me look 4 months pregnant and a horizontal striped chunky sweater.  I LOOK GREAT TODAY is what I am saying.  And also, I left the house with wet  hair and it is still damp in this ponytail/bun/scraggly mess style I am debuting.  SEND FASHION HELP.  And also diet help because you guys!  I do not want to be fat anymore.  But apparently I can't remember that when I am shoving every carb in the house into my freaking food hole.

The final step in Dorothy's 4-day birthday extravaganza was her school birthday where she got to wear a crown, bring treats for her friend, and bring special plates and napkins for snack.  She also got to practice blowing out a candle and bring in her new baby for show and tell.  IT WAS CLEARLY THE MOST AMAZING DAY IN THE WORLD.
 Google these rainbow cupcakes to see how they're SUPPOSED to look.  Hint: a lot neater than mine.  When Harry's teacher sent around the snack calendar, I signed up for very damn holiday because you guys know I love to craft with food, but next time, I am sending in some pretzels and apple sauce and calling it a day, even if that day is MAY DAY.
 Jack was SO HAPPY to see another boy at gymnastics last night.

Dorothy got a leotard and tights and ballet shoes for her class that starts next month, and I CAN"T WAIT-- um, I mean, she's really excited about it.
 She's showing Cooper the photo album her teacher made for conferences at school.  I also feel like from her fierce expression, she is telling Cooper to keep his damn hands off of it.  And sure enough, there are his hands, nicely clasped behind his back.  Her teacher says she is a wonderful friend who loves to share, but that's just hr school persona.

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who has a treadmill desk at her workplace. I think you should look into that b/c you would TOTALLY rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I stand hunched over my desk, rocking back and forth on my toes, because I realize I've been sitting for HOURS. Then again, some weekend days see bedtime with 3500 steps :/

    ReplyDelete