Tuesday, August 23, 2016

An ordinary day

I only took 2 pictures today, and sometimes that's a sign that the day was terrible, but today was only terribly ordinary in a really poignant way because our whole routine is about to be demolished next week.

In some ways, it has been demolished already because Ben had in-service Monday and Tuesday this week and starts classes tomorrow, so it has just been me and the kids.  We have been a little busy with beginning of the year conferences for all4 classrooms, but mainly, we have been going to the pool and running errands like always, not in any sort of hurry ever.  AND IT'S SO NICE.

We had to make an unceremonious exit from the park after dinner while Ben was coaching baseball because Cooper pulled down Jack's shorts AND underwear (and the playground was crowded with baseball families and people at school for their goal-setting conferences).  Then Jack and Dorothy got ice cream and Cooper didn't because duh.  And he was pissed off about it and everybody screamed until it was finally, blessedly bedtime.

Jack and I are reading Ramona Quimby, Age 8, and it is even better than I remember it being.

I went to the grocery store to return a Redbox movie (Miracles from Heaven which I would rather chew my own arm off than watch but Harry and Jack really waned to see it because their friends all told them it was awesome), get a new Redbox movie (Angry Birds, which is terrible and there's no way the kids are going to watch it again), and get the ingredients for these cookies (which may be jumping the season a bit, but they sound AMAZING.  On a whim, we ran into Barnes and Noble to buy everyone a back-to-school book or two.

 Dorothy and Cooper got a story about a kid scared to go to preschool (are they trying to tell me something?) and a sticker book and Ninja Turtle figure respectively.  Harry got the James Patterson book that will be a movie next month, and Jack grabbed a Flat Stanley.  I got the Beverly Cleary, and I am glad I did.

And of course, we had the pool.  WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT THE POOL?

No comments:

Post a Comment