Sunday, January 01, 2017
December: What I Read
10. Heartbroken by Lisa Unger: Meh but I listened to it on really cold walks.
9. Baby Doll by Hollie Overton: Creepy.
8. The Regulars by Georgia Clark: I usually like the appearance-altered-by-potions plot line, but this fell flat for me.
7. Truevine by Beth Macey: If this tale of kidnapping and circus performing in the Jim Crowe south had been written y a historian, I would have been all over it, but Macey is a journalist, and her timeline was confusing and lacked context.
6. Hand to Mouth by Linda Tirado: I listened to this one, and the author's voice is EXCELLENT (in both senses of the word).
5. The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer: I listened to this, too. HILARIOUS.
4. A Woman in Charge by Carl Bernstein: This guy! Hated Hillary! But the book is gooooood-- way better than her own (totally fake sounding) memoirs.
3. The Yoga of Max's Discontent by Karan Bajaj: Quirky and lovely.
2. Good as Gone by Amy Gentry: A good thriller. Read it.
1. Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye: OH THIS BOOK!! Read it right away! Goes down with The Night Circus as a book that creates a world.