Thursday, September 07, 2017

School Daze

I AM JUST GOING TO COME OUT AN SAY IT,

Harry started junior high.

I KNOW.

I cannot even, either.

He had a DREAM of a schedule.  4 school friends in his homeroom and another hockey/baseball friend he saw on the first day.  A neighborhood friend in his gym/art/music schedule block.  A bus route through our neighborhood and the 4 that surround it filled with more friends from elementary school and a few new-to-the-nabe friends from sportsball.  The first 2 days, he came home on a bouncing cloud of happiness.

So we decided to move him to a new school on day 3.

WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING HELL, right?

Well, we applied to a magnet junior high lottery and didn't get in and went about our merry way falling in like with the big junior high he was supposed to attend.  And then on the second day of school, we got a call from the magnet school saying a spot was open for him if he wanted it.  And! Despite the social dreamworld he found himself in, he DID want it.  So!  Poof!  He's going there.  He started today.  He knows ONE KID IN THE WHOLE SCHOOL.

I'll keep you posted,

First day of school!
 Waiting for the bus!
 Getting ON THE BUS!!
 I was running a little late and had a mom mimosa part to host and a meeting to get ready for, so I tried to make nine pancakes at once for the little kids.
 AND FLIPPED THEM!  HA!
 Obligatory:








 Post-school library visit.
 Mrs. Doubtfire movie night.
 And THE SECOND FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.  Same outfit, tho.

2 comments:

  1. As with most of your blogs, it's hard for me to pick what I love most. Todays contenders:
    - Cooper's spiked hair and HUGE smile
    - How you let your pretty pretty princess Dorothy leave the house with mussed up hair (this IS a compliment - you let your kids be KIDS)
    - Jack's & Harry's huge feet
    - Harry wanting to be an Athiest when he grows up (ok, I know he meant Athlete but it really looks like Athiest)
    But the absolute WINNER is Harry wanting to go to the better school. If you don't consider that proof of parenting done right, I give up. I'm so dang proud of him and I'll never even meet him. (Unless y'all add a Pittsburgh pit stop on your next drive to D.C.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:45 PM

    what on earth is a magnet school? sounds exciting, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete