Wednesday, November 01, 2017

October: What I Read

I don't know what's wrong with me. It's FALL READING SEASON.  I mean, isn't fall reading season a thing?  Is there anything better than a cold day and a hot beverage and a warm blanket and a farting dog?  WHY HAVE I NOT TAKEN ADVANTAGE?

I only read SEVEN books.  And only 2 novels.

What the what?

7. How to Meditate by Pema Choödrön: I DON'T UNDERSTAND.  Break free of the discursive mind?  What is there without discourse?  I have been picturing the thoughts I have while meditating as balloons and watching them go but even that is discourse.

6.  My Life and Hard Times by James Thurber:  Come for "The Night the Bed Fell;" stay to admire the fact that all of this shit is still funny.

5.  The Grown-Up's Guide to Teen Age Humans by Josh Shipp:  Probably should read this before your kids are teens.  I liked it.

4.  Daily Kindness by National Geographic:  The kids and I are making this a part of our everyday, and we really like it.

3. Hallelujah Anyway by Anne Lamott:  Oh I just love her so much. This book is a balm.

2.  Once in a Blue Moon Lodge by Lorna Landvik:  I love her, and I loved the characters in this book when they were in Patty Jane's House of Curl, but I didn't love this book, really.  Although it did make me cry, and it was like hanging out with friends.  So.

1.  Hello Sunshine by Laura Dave: Easy, breezy, funny and sweet.  A great send up of social media fame and lifestyle celebrity.

According to Goodreads, I am at 113 of my goal of 120 books.  2 months left to blow it out of the water.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment