Friday, August 31, 2018

August Gratitude and Things I Am Leaving in August

I am most grateful, of course, for the vacation I just shared a million pictures of.  It was simply wonderful to get to take such a fun trip with family.  I am particularly happy the kids got to go to the beach with their grandparents, something I never did but would have loved to.

I am going to stop going to bed unprepared for the next day.  We had a brief power outage that woke Ben and me both up at 3 am the other day, and I couldn't fall back to sleep because I was thinking about all of the work stuff I had planned to take care of the next morning.  Luckily, all was fine because the power came back on and I could be the slacker I had planned to be. 

But! No more. 

I want to have my lunch and Harry's lunch packed packed (the little kids' lunches are in Planet Boxes, and they taste better when assembled the morning of), my clothes picked out and my bag assembled, the kids' bags and outer wear ready to go, etc.

I also need to have my coffee ready to be turned on and the dishwasher and drying rack of the sink empty. 

The final piece of this preparedness puzzle is the work that needs to be done by the following morning.  I am a morning person, so if I had my druthers, I would get up early to work and sleep a little longer.  I am also a person who gets stressed easily about deadlines and ho is super crabby when she's stressed, so, really, staying up the extra 30 minutes or so to do something the night before may just be worth it, happiness-wise.

Here's to a more productive September!


No comments:

Post a Comment