1. Blog everyday: I am soooooo doing this.
2. No FB 9-5 M-F: Believe it or not, I have gotten way better, but I definitely still fall victim to the mindless scroll.
3. Read 100 books: Killed it!
4. Read Poetry: Yes! This has really been wonderful.
5. Table Setting: I am definitely thinking about this one, but I haven't done a lot to make it better.
6. Book plot/writing: I SUCK and feel like a total loser here. I didn't write over the summer and now it's October and I am still not back into the book on a regular basis.
7. Print Pics: You would think that I was doing great with this one, since, you know, I lost all of my pictures from 2010-2013. But, alas.
8. Track Spending: I finally started doing this! It's terrible! And also really good for me! You would not believe the amount of crap I haven't bought.
9. Post on Insta and 1SE: Insta stories has kind of screwed this up for me. I also feel like I take fewer pictures when I am still falling into a new routine, like I am right now. Or am I? Like, how many weeks do I give myself a pass on writing, for example, under the guise of a new routine?
10: Have a dinner party: FAIL.
11. Let the kids entertain more at home: WORKING. ON. IT.
12. Write poetry: Yes!
13. Volunteer for candidates: Yes!
14. Clean the closet + maintain it: Yes!
15. Family movie night: Since school started, this one is back and better than ever.
16. Paint the downstairs and fix the bathroom: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
17. Harmonious mornings: Yes! Summer was easy because we didn't have to go anywhere, but ever since school started, we have developed a really nice routine. Mornings are a breeze basically. Except! I average about 11.5 minutes to get dressed for the day from shower to walking out the door. I would probably look better if I could increase this time a smidge.
18: More date nights: We are knocking this one out of the park. we still haven't had any alone date nights, but we are hanging out more with friends, which is lovely.
I am inspired by the #last90days hashtag to finish the year strong. For me, this means working on my writing project in a consistent way. When I make my 19 for 2019 list, I am going to be more mindful of things I probably actually don't want to do because I hate not being able to cross something off a list. That doesn't seem to be enough motivation, though, for me to actually change behavior I don't want to change.
Something I did buy: Shoes that require NO SOCKS. I think these will get us through to Ugg season. (Have I talked about the sock issues Dorothy is having o this blog? Or just on Fb? No matter: she hates socks and getting dressed has been tricky