The top 10 books are AMAZING. I cannot even believe that only 2 of them made my 2018 best-of list. But wow, this was a great year for books.
17. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden: Not for me, apparently.
16. Tis the Season by Lorna Landvik: I LOVE Lorna Landvik. Your Oasis on Flame Lake is one of my favorite books EVER. But this one was a no.
15. Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia: Meh.
14. A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult: NOPE.
13. Indianapolis by Lynn Vincent and Sara Vladic: Whoa.
12. The Carrying by Ada Limon: Poems. Good ones.
11. Bitter Orange by Claire Fuller: I wish I had liked the characters more-- I think I would have been even more into this one.
10. Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver: I wanted to love this one because BARBARA KINGSOLVER. But, I just didn't completely love it. There's a current-day story and also a historical story, and I really only loved the current day story. Sigh.
9. The Incendiaries by R.O. Kwon: Riveting.
8. Are You Sleeping by Kathleen Barber: A behind the scenes of a Serial-like podcast from the perspective of the family who is the subject of the podcast-- a really good one.
7. My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfergh: Hilarious. Sharp. Fast-paced. Wholly original.
6. Becoming by Michelle Obama: READ THIS. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
5. Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi: Better than any YA I have read since Rainbow Rowell-- read this one, and don;t let the YA romance sticker fool you.
4. Lake Success by Gary Shteyngart: Even though this book is by a dude, I really liked it.
3. The Glitch by Elisabeth Cohen: This is a fantastic, hilarious, fast-paced read. I love Shelly Stone.
2. Good and Mad by Rebecca Traister: YES! This book lives up to the hype for sure.
1. Washington Black by Esi Edugyan: This book! Is as good as you have heard it is!
Next up: 2019 reads! Follow my highlighted stories on IG and also the hashtag #harrytimes2019reads