Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Side Eye for Summer

Dorothy's side eye in this pic is like EXACTLY how I feel about summer approaching.
Like, OK, I totally got all of the work done that I absolutely HAD to get done before summer, so I no longer feel like the days with the kids are going to kill me.  On the other hand, I am adjuncting online, teaching a real online class, and also getting ready to direct a speech camp in July, so there is no shortage of real work to do.  And also!  THERE ARE SO MANY KIDS.  And even though they are getting bigger every year, our house sure isn't.

Gah.

We have swimming lessons and dive team to look forward to in the mornings and of course lots of pool time.  BUT THEN WHAT.

I read this today, and it totally rang true.  Maybe I can just open the door and shoo them outside every morning?

I think we will do a library day every week and also a new park every week.  And then there's a thing I want to try (Fun Fun Friday, maybe?) where we brainstorm a bunch of cheap to free activities and put them in a bag (that the little kids can decorate because they freaking love decorating bags) and draw every Friday morning.  The world is our oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment