Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Scenes from a weekend in Pekin

Listen, you guys.  If you are within a few miles of this place (WHAT ABOUT 50? IS 50 A FEW?) you need to go to here.  Not only is it like the only place outside of Disney World where you can get a Pineapple Dole Whip, but alsd, they have this thing called a cookie dough arctic swirl that's a huge styrofoam cup full of cookie dough slathered in sift serve ice cream.  I MEAN.
 Mineral Springs Park, also a must-visit place on our list.
 Cooper loved Toy Story 4 so much that he is making Forky art.
 I recognize by bias here, but trust me when I tell you that my mom's porch is an excellent place to indulge in happy hour.
 A little yard football.
 Dorothy wears one skate and uses baseball bats as balance aids, and I am here for that.
 Loud: a picture
 Such a pretty place to roller skate.
 THIS BOOK IS AWESOME.

1 comment:

  1. The community has done incredible work with the play structures and community areas of Pekin. The ice cream continues to be top notch! Pekin is evolving, but still, where do the kids go to be supervised and safe after school?

    ReplyDelete