Monday, July 01, 2019

June: What I Read

100 books!  Halfway through the year ad halfway to my gooaal!


17. Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi: Nope.

16. Eight Dates: Essential Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by John Gottman: Skip this

15. Home Made Christmas by Yvette Von Boven: Yes,  Delish.  Also, she recommends a bottle of wine per dinner party guest, so we are soul mates

14. The Favorite Daughter by Patti Callahan Henry: Bleh.

13. Fumbled by Alexa Martin:  Meh.

12. Drawing Home by Jamie Brenner: Quick and forgettable

11. You Know You Want This by Kristen Roupenian: Yikes.  These are weird and good stories.

10. Sunset Beach by Mary Kay Andrews: Queen of the beach read indeed.

9. To Night Owl from Dog Fish by Holly Goldberg Sloan and Meg Wolitzer: Darling.

8. Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith: Sweet little YA book

7. The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes:  I WANTED to love this.  I did like it.

6. Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand:  Guilty pleasure for sure.  One story line is TERRIBLE, but I liked the rest.

5. Chronicles of a Radical Hag by Lorna Landvik:  I LOVE Lorna Landvik.  Your Oasis on Flame Lake is one of my top 10 books ever.  Because I love her so much, I really liked this one.  If you are new to Landivk, start with Your Oasis or Patty Jane's House of Curl or Best to Laugh.

4. Hope and Other Punch Lines by Julie Buxbaum: I loved this YA romance, even those it was a little bit cheesy in the very best way,

3. Oksana, Behave! by Maria Kutznetsova:  Liked it a lot-- the narrator has an excellent voice, and you know I am a sucker for those.

2. Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly: Loved this.  And also read the whole thing before I realized it was a prequel to Lilac Girls.  So, that's awesome.

1. City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert: I loved this soooooo much!! What a great summer read.


No comments:

Post a Comment