Thursday, October 17, 2019

Bullet points from the week


  • We finally played bar trivia last night for the first time in forever, and it was as fun as I remember.  I freaking love bar trivia. Also, we got last place (well, second-to-last, but actual last left at halftime), so we will have to keep playing. GROWTH MINDSET.
  • I am not sure I am going to actually make my reading goal this year because I cannot even make myself read at all these days. I am limping through October.
  • It's been almost a year since I got a haircut, so I am that lady.
  • My bad eating habits are creeping back, especially with sweets, especially especially with sweets that I make. I have yet to eat anything snacky out of the pantry, but for some reason, chocolate chips straight out of the bag and any homemade baked good are OK in my head.  I have made 3 batches of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, frosted oatmeal cookie bars, brownies, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, banana pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, regular chocolate chip cookies, and cut-out sugar cookies.  IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS.
  • In other news, I am planning another round of Whole30 for January.
  • Speaking of! I am a little bit in love with Melissa Urban's podcast Do the Thing.  It's really motivating, and I don't think I have gotten to the food freedom stage of Whole30 where I can effortlessly eat what I want to feel and look how I want, but I think I could get there with a few more rounds. 
  • I had the most social day ever yesterday, and I may need to withdraw from people-ing for awhile to recover hashtag introvert.  I had lunch with a friend (excellent food, wonderful conversation), then I met up with 2 book club friends at the library while our kids went to Pokemon club.  Then we played trivia!  I am totally proud of myself for ditching FOMO and filling up my social calendar.  Also, give me a weekend of PJ's and movies on the couch, please.
Our week so far in pictures:

Jack and me at a meeting-- also, he turned ELEVEN AND A HALF yesterday.

 Spooky tights from the Target dollar spot.  Spooky pose model's own.
 Ben and I had a lunch date, and we both came from work.  He wore normal grown up work clothes.
 I wore jeans and sneakers.
 Yay lunch date!
 Seaweed salad
 Forbidden fig sushi roll (fall sushi!  the best ever!)
 Spicy crunchy salmon, an old favorite standby:
 YOU GUYS.  I WON THIS ON INSTAGRAM. I am so exited!
 Such a pretty girl:
 Yes, yes she did wear a Pikachu costume to school like it was clothes.  Because POKEMON CLUB.



2 comments:

  1. You won!! Congratulations!!
    I too am failing at reading and hair cuts (and brows and nails and vegetables...) I’m using it as an exercise in self compassion, though soon I think it’s going to be to the point of ridiculousness. Solidarity though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very useful and I liked to see it, Which you have shared here. I got so engaged in this material that I couldn’t wait to read. I am impressed with your work and skill. poke delivery del mar

    ReplyDelete