Tuesday, October 01, 2019

September: What I Read


 First, a few you can skip:

Insta Style By Tessa Barton:  Whoa, you guys.  There's a whole genre of books like this.

Instagram Power by Jason Miles: SEE??

How to Raise a Reader by Pamela Paul: WHAT IF YOU DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS AND YOUR KID STILL DOESN'T LIKE TO READ? Asking for a friend.

Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner:  Nope.

I'll Never Tell by Catherine McKenzie:  I so wanted to like this camp thriller.

A couple podcast books:


So You Want to Start a Podcast by Kristen Meinzer:  Google this author and listen to all of her shows.

Stay Sexy, and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark: So funny and charming!  Like the podcast!

These are solidly not bad

Keeping Lucy by T. Greenwood: OK.  I was hooked but I also knew it was schlock. 

Girls Like Us by Christina Alger: A totally fine thriller.

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren:  This was silly but a really fun read.

READ! THESE!

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager:  SO SCARY and a really fun/disturbing read.

Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston:  I loved this!  It is a frothy little delight of a book, and I cried happy tears.

The New Me by Halle Butler:  This is fantastic.  I thought of Millie as a new Holden Caulfield, and I loved her.

The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal:  THIS IS A WONDERFUL PERFECT BOOK, and you should read it.  Also, check out Kitchens of the Great Midwest, which was my number 1 book of 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment