Wednesday, April 01, 2020

March: What I Read

I can't read anything but my social media feed these days, but I did manage to limp through these:

8. Please See Us by Caitlin Mullen: Solid meh

7. The Summer We Lost Her by Tish Cohen: Schlocky but really distracting.

6, The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica: This is flawed in terms of both plot and character, but I could not help but be super hooked.

5. Lucky Us by Amy Bloom: This was quirky and delightful-- you might want to read it, even though it's from 2014.

4. Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield: I read this because of the Girl Next Door podcast digital book club, and I liked it, although it took forever for me to get into it.

3. These Ghosts Are Family by Maisy Card: Loved this! It jumps around in time, which I usually don't like, but it's just so well done, I couldn't help but love it.

2. The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell: She's SO GOOD at churning out the creepy page-turners.  Loved it!

1. When You See Me by Lisa Gardner: I fell in love with Lisa Gardner when I has postpartum insomnia after Harry was born and needed a book that would be so entertaining, I wouldn't care if I was sleeping and so engaging, I would forget I couldn't sleep and fall asleep mid-read. These thrillers are perfect! Creepy enough to blame on not sleeping, really fun to read, and wholly engaging.  Now, I anxiously await each year's release and gobble it up on one sitting. 202's D.D. Warren book does not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment