Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dear PowerBook: Ode to My Ailing Comrade


My Dear Sweet Lovely PowerBook,
I will miss you so much when you pass from this life to the next (sometime between now and October when Leopard makes its debut and I will forsake you for another, but if you could just hang on until then that'd be awesome). Oh how I missed you Saturday-Wednesday when you were in the Mac hospital and I had to use that vile Windows machine! And use it I did, my angel PowerBook. There was no love between us, no passion. Only business and not so gentle disgust (which weirdly? seemed to be mutual-- seriously that bastard mouse pad was stiff and cold the whole time). Boy have we had some memories. Seminar papers. Excel gradebooks. Our obsession with the Knot and the Nest. I love waking up in the morning and smearing you with peanut butter as I check my email and my favorite mommy blogs, and I always enjoy our time together snuggled under the covers. The sad truth, my 12 inch titanium love, is that you are not so young anymore. You can't run any faster than 10.4, and the OSX world is changing. I am sorry I dropped you and dented your case, and I am sorrier still that I am too cheap to buy you a new case, preferring instead to cover your hole with Band-Aids and the Apple stickers that came with my iPods. I am even too cheap to cover your wounds with the bumper sticker I saw that says "I'll Be a Post-Feminist in a Post-Patriarchy." True that, my sweet silver painted devil, true that. I am certianly too cheap to buy a new computer prior to October only to have to upgrade to Leopard when it finally launches and makes Tiger totally passe, so I implore you, PowerBook, do not go gentle into that good night. Instead, stick around, pull your rotting motherboard off its deathbed, and help me make a little more Harrytimes magic, like we used to do when we were kids
Love and kisses,
The Lady Who Gets Food in Your Crevices and Never Charges Your Battery and Is the Reason You HAVE Crevices. Ooops.

Look: Here's an overwhelming stack of grading. Yep. It makes my tummy hurt, too. I blame you, PowerBook, for being gone 3 days this week and forcing me to fall behind.


These were taken before Harry decided he only wanted to eat what he could feed himself-- limited options for self feeding when you only have 4 teeth. Mmmm cheese and pancakes.



Bath time is so friggin cute. I can't stop taking pictures of it.



Is he a good witch or a bad witch?

Harry is like so cool he like totally won't even talk to me


Blogger is too slow. I'm going to bed and will post more in the morning.

Shut up, PowerBook-- it's not YOU. It's the internet connection. Grow up already!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 AM

    My goodness I can't handle the cuteness! Bathtime! The broom! The Bono glasses? It's just too much. I need to go lie down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:02 PM

    You are right, he does look like Bono (or maybe Benno)!
    He is so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete