Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dear Harry,

It's a good thing you are so cute because your sleep habits of the last few days are killing your mommy. No really. They are.


Peek-a-boo. I totally see you, too. Now go to sleep, damnit.


Yes. It is awesome that a pizza box is so fun and that you can stand up just holding onto the wall. Love the sticky handprints everywhere, too. Now how about a nap?


Help yourself to anything in the cupboard. Like Unisom.


It looks like I am smiling, but don't be fooled. I am really saying, "It's bedtime, Harry. It's been bedtime for days."


Wow. That's a loud noise, and somehow, it doesn't say "I'm ready to snuggle under the covers." ** that's totally a figure of speech. we don't use blankets for goodness sake.** unless by blankets, you mean the ones on our bed where Harry sleeps now. *** And by sleeps, I mean tosses and turns and scrateches my face and nurses for hours on end.***


Oh, look. It's Upside Down Harry. Is he tired, you think?


Sorry. Didn't mean to bother you while you're busy.


Upside Down Harry looks even more awake than Regular Harry.


So neat that you can hold heavy toys and pick them up when you're standing. Sleepy yet?


You have nice eyes, Harry, but they couldn't be described as "hevay," or "tired," huh?


Can you tickle someone to sleep?


Nope.


Hard to be cheery in the morning when you don't sleep at night, huh? Trust me, I know.


So big, So not napping.


Listen, Harry. Anytime you want to sleep is cool with me. Otherwise, I'll be drinking coffee. In the shower.

Love, The Lady with the Bags Under Her Eyes Who Is Pinching Her Arm To Stay Awake While She Writes This.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Poor Mama! I'm going to remember that coffee in the shower trick next time we have Night of the Missing Pacifier that just also happens to be Night I Figured He'd Sleep Through So I Stayed Up Late Working. Somehow, they know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:05 PM

    Harry kills me. I couldn't believe that he said hi on the phone. Then when I asked him if he said hi, he said, "Yeah." I was shocked. he hasn't said anything to me before on the phone. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete