Friday, February 25, 2011

Sometimes HMO inefficiency is cool

I had another ultrasound yesterday, which seems odd but really wasn't. My HMO orders a dating ultrasound for every pregnancy, but the u/s clinic has been really backed up due to snow days (which makes this city sound like SUCH a small town), so I couldn't get in until yesterday.

In the meantime, my NT scan (which takes place not at my dr's clinic but at the hospital where I delivered Harry and Jack) was scheduled for Tuesday, 2 days before my dating ultrasound.

In the end, I am glad I kept both appointments because they were concerned with very different things. The NT scan just wanted to measure the baby's nuchal fold (1mm). That was it. The perinatologist mentioned that the baby was measuring bigger than my estimated date of 11 weeks 2 days, but she didn't really care, telling me to go with my September 11th due date.

The dating ultrasound, though, took all kinds of measurements of the baby and its parts (like its teeny little head!) and checked out my ovaries and the placenta and everything-- much more thorough. According to yesterday's tech and radiologist, I am actually 12 weeks and 6 days today! Giving me a new estimated due date of September 3! Woo-hoo! Also, I was amazed at how high up she was pressing on my stomach, which means this fat? Is a little bit baby and a little bit Candy Cane Joe-Joe's (thank you Sarah for sending me the last box in the world-- I ate most of them myself and with only a little guilt), not ALL Joe-Joe's like I initially thought.

I have already gained 3 pounds, but all my clothes still fit. Poorly. Except for a couple of pairs of jeans that are stupid anyway. (Not really stupid, but I am annoyed with them). I have a whole cart full of maternity clothes ready to buy at Old Navy and Gap and Japanese Weekend, but I am waiting to see if our personal economy is decimated along with the state's before I hit the order button.

Oh! The best part! I got another creepy grainy ultrasound picture and LOOK! You can see the baby's tiny baby foot! SO cute!

5 comments:

  1. He/she is so cute!! I'm so excited for you guys, again.

    (Got one in the swing and two watching TV so I can drink my coffee. We're back to easy, for the moment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! There is something about u/s pictures that gets me every time! And yay on losing a few weeks of pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Hoping your personal budget, and the state's, aren't decimated. :) Congratulations on baby number three! Hope you have an easy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:15 AM

    waiting with baited breath for the next blog entry...hope the house showing is going well too..Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute baby! :-) Glad those Joe-Joe's came in handy!

    ReplyDelete