Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Sloven

I have been shopping all day, which was way less fun than it sounds because I was wearing the baby the whole time and had Jack with me part of the time. Also, I am way too fat for all my real clothes, and I am not spending tons of money on fat clothes, so I limited myself to Old Navy and H&M, which are not in the same mall. I went to ON twice and will be back on Thursday when Ben is home and I don;t have to wear the baby. I'll also be returning to H&M to return pretty much everything I bought except for one floral dress and slouchy cardigan, which will be awesome with the boots I got at Old Navy-- I got some flat brown boots for $25, and at that price I don't care if they fall apart after 5 wears. I am also keeping an ON denim pencil skirt. And that's it. I bought and returned (or will return) 3 dresses, 3 camis, a cardigan, 2 skirts, and 2 blouses. Eff.

Can I just tell you that my personal standard of grooming/beauty has taken a nose dive since Cooper was born. My house is still clean, and my kids look great, but I have been wearing saggy nursing tanks and yoga pants for 3.5 weeks. Sometimes with a faded hoodie or a baggy t-shirt. OMG. I am so over it. I shower at night and slather my stretched out self with Bio Oil. In the morning after I pump and before the big kids need breakfast, I have 7.5 minutes to flat iron my hair, french braid my bangs (oh yes! you read that right! I am growing out my bangs since I already look like shit, and I have been french braiding them into a little bang head band everyday except those days when I jam them into clips and force them straight back into a messy frizzed out ponytail-- DREAMY), and apply moisturizer, concealer, blush, eye shadow, and mascara. I keep a tinted lip balm in my diaper bag, but since I rarely go anywhere besides Harry's school for 30 seconds in the morning and 30 more in the afternoon, I almost never use the lip balm. Shit.

Okay, the baby is swaddled, pacified (neither of my other kids took a pacifier, but this kid does, and it is the best thing EVER), and in his Rock and Play cradle where he is neither rocking nor playing-- he's sleeping! So I need to sleep, too because babies suck at sleeping.

But that's okay because they are adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm... I'm super impressed with the make up and shower. And really, wearing a shirt in my house has become totally optional. Sadly poor Dana is subjected to all of my new grooming habits. God love her!

    And I think the person who came up with "sleep like a baby" is an ignorant jerk.

    Gotta go pump... again!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly certain you can rock the yoga pants and saggy nursing tanks--you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete