Thursday, February 23, 2012

iPhone pics

Ben was gone this evening, which is unusual thank goodness because that would mean it was just me and the children, and there are so many of them.  I had them all tucked in their beds asleep by 7:30 because I am AWESOME.  I cleaned up dinner quickly and spent a good half an hour mopping the floor in the hallway/kitchen/great room because I put Bio Oil on my feet last night (because they have been totally neglected since I had Cooper, and my massage therapist was horrified by the sand paper state of my heels), and when I went to get Cooper at 2, I left a trail of greasy footprints everywhere. (Cooper, by the way, is not hungry at 2, he just wants to come sleep with me.  And I have to sleep on my side, facing him the whole night.  If I roll over, he rolls too and grabs 2 handfuls of my hair and tried to eat it.)

By 8:30, I was sitting on my bed, checking my email en route to the elliptical.  The next thing I knew, the garage door was opening at 9:30, and I was asleep on my face, which gave me awesome 90's bangs. 

No grading the pile of essays in my bag, no working out, and no blogging.  Luckily (for YOU), I am so jazzed from my nap that I decided to upload some pictures from my phone.  Here they are and now I'm off to enjoy Secrets from the Grave, a simply terrible and therefore wonderful Tami Hoag thriller I cannot put down (book 2 in a 3-book series!).  I loaded my iPad with thrillers-- Patricia Cornwell!  Lisa Gardner!-- in anticipation of the insomnia I always develop at 5 months post partum.  But this time, I can sleep whenever I want to!  And my milk has yet to vanish this month.  Weird, huh?







3 comments:

  1. Aww, love the pictures! I fall asleep involuntarily all the time. I have Lab 1 still in my bag waiting to be graded. I shudder to think about that question on my teaching evaluation!

    Putting all the kids down by yourself is HARD. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    you definitely made my morning with the wonderful pictures..what darlings!!!! Bomma

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures! That one of Harry holding Cooper is presh!!!

    ReplyDelete