Sunday, March 01, 2015

February: What I Read

February was a pretty not bad book month, although I read more old stuff (and not old because it's a classic but old because I missed a few years of reading and these are like almost current but not quite) than I usually like to.  I am at 33 books for the year.

11.  Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Catherine Tidd:  You guys, this book was charming and breezy and chatty.  But I don't know.  I just didn't quite love it.

10.  What the Lady Wants by Renee Rosen:  Fascinating history of Chicago but so poorly written.

9.  Invisible Ellen by Shari Shattuck:  Adorable but completely the chickiest of chick lit.

8.  The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler:  Sweet, but no We Are Completely Beside Ourselves.

7.  The Empathy Exams by Leslie Jamison:  Ugh.  Really intriguing, but so, so, so pretentious.  

6.  Three Wishes by Lianne Moriarty:  Not her best but still charming.

5.  Abroad by Katie Crouch:  This was thrilling!  You should read it, I think.

4.  Cambridge by Susanna Kaysen:  Lovely and engaging, another one to put on your list.

3.  Before I Go by Colleen Oakley:  I read this in 90 minutes at the library, and I cried and cried, which was embarrassing.

2.  Citizen by Claudia Rankine:  OH MY GOD.  This one you should read.

1.  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern:  WOW.  I love a book that creates its own world.

No comments:

Post a Comment