Monday, October 26, 2015

Sleep tight

Ben texted me this picture of a napping (at 4:30 in the afternoon) Dorothy, and it was so sweet:
Also annoying because she told me very seriously that she did not want to take a nap after lunch, and I am so sick of dealing wit the nap drama and then the corresponding bedtime drama that I was all OK dude.  Just give me 15 minutes to clean up the kitchen and go play quietly.  She did, and I did, and she and Cooper entertained themselves while I got dressed for work.  But then Harry and Jack came home and needed help with homework, etc, and the wheels fell off the no-nap bus.  Luckily for me, right when things get crazy on Monday, Ben comes home and tags me out, and I skip off to work.

Tonight, though, I stayed late to attend a lecture, and I just got home and ate what I swear for real this time is going to be my last salami sandwich ever since the WHO was pretty clear about the dangers of delicious, delicious processed meats.  And since it was my last ever, I had American cheese, mustard, and tortilla chips on it-- the world's perfect sandwich.  And now I have to go pack lunches and go to sleep.  I am SO TIRED because yesterday at Target, I realized that I had not had lunch (THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME) (DO YOU THINK THAT'S WHY I WAS CRABBY?) yet, and it was like 2:30.  So I ordered a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks because I have not had one yet this season because they are also toxic swill.  And I forgot to order it decaf (you know, since I haven't had caffeine since the day before Cooper was born).  I didn't realize my mistake until halfway through the store/drink. Last night, I fell asleep reading around 10:45 like usual, and I bolted awake at 11:40 totally refreshed and ready to start my day.  It took FOREVER to go back to sleep.

So, I will just say that Cooper's class playdate was super fun.  Including mine, we had 7 kids running around making pumpkin crafts and playing with all of the things.

No comments:

Post a Comment