Wednesday, May 11, 2016

'Sup?

It is 9:17 am.

I am in a buzzing little coffee shop with a huge mug of steaming decaf.

I have already worked out for an hour of cardio, 10 minutes of abs, and 12 minutes of arms.

All of the children are at school, and our morning was drama-free, largely.

The house is reasonably picked up even though the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, and all of breakfast is piled in the sink.

I am dressed with makeup and accessories even though a preschool picnic is the only other place I have to be today.

What I should be doing is working on a huge work project that I will work on momentarily.  It's just that the school year is ending, and with it our sweet little routine that I always feel like we are only just getting comfortable in right before it's over.  And this is one of the last coffee shop mornings on my schedule until September probably, so I thought I'd check in here because it's always one of my favorite places to be.  What's more indulgent than blogging in a coffee shop while the kids are all in school?  (I mean, ok, I just thought of like 12 things, but you get the point).

I am using my giant MacBook Pro in stead of my sweet little MacBook Air, so my phone is thrilled and is syncing 4500 pictures (because that's how long it's been since I've used this computer-- 4500 pictures ago), and they are flying by in my Photos window, and it;s so cute to see spring break onward streaming across my screen.  We look so happy in drive-by.

To the work project!


No comments:

Post a Comment