Friday, December 30, 2016

Eight Crazy Nights: Night 4, 5, and 6

It's not like a busy schedule has gotten in the way of my blog.  It's the opposite, really.  I have nothing on my agenda, so I am doing NOTHING. I sort of like it, but doing nothing makes me really stressed, which is why I can't have fun like a normal person.

But!  Fun is exactly what we have been having.

Tuesday (Hanukkah night 4), we saw Sing, and it is ADORABLE.  Also our theater now serves pizza, so we could just order one when we got our other snacks, and it was hot and ready at our seats by the time the previews were over.  Total win.

The kids LOVED it.

 And we have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop in the car-- it's infectious in a good way, which is not something I say very often about the kids.

Next up was a totally wholesome trip to the library for a late night story time.  the 3 little kids dropped off stuffed animals for a sleepover.  Harry was too cool for that, but he did participate in the story time songs and dances, which was awesome.



 The next morning, he also made ridiculous chocolate milks for himself and Cooper.
 I took Jack shopping with me for the turkey tetrazzini the kids wanted for dinner, and his Cooper-induced head injury was shocking in the deli's harsh light (Cooper threw a Nintendo DS at Jack's head, and we actually sent Jack to his room for screaming at us until we noticed he was bleeding from the temple.  Oopsie).
 Then it was back to the library to pick up our animals, see a slideshow of their hijinks, and watch Finding Dory (even better the second time).







 It was way cozier and more pleasant to lie on the floor of the library community room with a bunch of strangers than I thought it was going to be,
 And I got to practice my Dutch braid skillz.
 The kids used some Christmas ice cream gift cards after
 And then they all opened board games for the 5th night of Hanukkah.
 And we played them until Dorothy kept ruining Yeti in my Spaghetti on purpose and we had to stop.



 But Jack and I played more after the little kids went to bed and Ben took Harry to urgent care for what we thought was extreme overreaction but turned out to be a double ear infection, the worst one the doc on call had ever seen.  Oopsie again.
 Um.  That's from story time.  No idea why it slipped in so late.  Also, Cooper is 100% duck face in every picture lately.
 Yesterday, Cooper and Dorothy spent a couple of Toys R Us gift cards
 And we went to Chuck E. Cheese for Hanukkah night 6.
 Cooper is having his third fountain drink of the week because MOTY.
 Everybody loves ski ball.
 Dorothy dressed herself and did her own hair CAN YOU TELL?
 He parlayed his tickets into 27 Tootsie Rolls.  That he ate in one sitting.  #MOTY again.
 This game!  It's Cards Against Humanity for kids, and it's HILARIOUS.  I thought Jack was going to actually die laughing and he and Ben played almost the same cards every round.  It was uncanny.  Also, Harry has a way more sophisticated and subversive sense of humor than I realized.  Seriously, GET THIS GAME.

4 comments:

  1. That game looks SO FUN! It's sold out, but I'm now on the waitlist for the next run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the yellow plaid dress with the striped leggings and leopard ballet flats is adorable and clearly she takes after her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures showing that you have great fun with your kids, they are enjoying too. The game they are playing is one of my favorite. I will try to play again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks adorable, fun and love. These nights you have spent with children are full of joy of watching movies, playing games and eating food all are memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete