Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Writer's Block

I so wish this was going to be Cooper's Halloween costume.  But, alas.



Ok.  So.  I largely took the summer off from writing, and now it is the end of September (WHAT? HOW?), and I am having a really hard time getting back into my book project.  It's been so long since I have written regularly that I started reading backwards to figure out what was going on and then I fell down an editing rabbit hole even though I am not ready fro that part of the project yet.  I have just not been able to make it a part of my daily routine.  Like, I am giving myself credit for opening the document, and I know that's good for helping the dread go away.  but really, I should not get props for OPENING A FILE and messing with it for a few minutes.

Anybody have any advice on how to find my way back in?

My schedule is really hectic for a few weeks because I have to pop in on my TAs to observe the teaching their classes, and that takes up all of my extra time.  I have been putting my writing on my list everyday but then conveniently not getting to it.

Gah.

Ever since  wrote  dissertation with babies around, I have decided that writer's bock is not a thing that exists-- it's a luxury I didn't have time for.  But now I have time.  And so.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    I suggest reading Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird if you haven't already. It's one of my favorite books about writing.

    ReplyDelete