Tuesday, October 24, 2017

TLC Book Tours: Daily Kindness

Yay!

I am participating in another fabulous TLC Book Tour, this time for a truly lovely little book that was a delight to read.

Here are the details:

About Daily Kindness

ï Hardcover:†464 pages ï Publisher:†National Geographic (October 24, 2017) Lead your best year yet through 365 days of kindness.With enriching quotes from celebrated luminaries and striking†National Geographic†photography, each page of this moving book will inspire you to live with sincerity, compassion, and benevolence. Each month, you'll practice virtues like patience, respect, and generosity that will focus your mind and heart, creating fulfillment and contentment. Both inviting and motivating,†Daily Kindness†invites you to reflect on life's big and small moments, providing a way to embrace new ideas and enrich your life every day of the year.

Purchase Links

National Geographic | Amazon | Barnes & Noble


From first glance, I loved this book.  I mean, you guys.  LOOK AT THE COVER:
And the inside is even better.  

Imagine gorgeous National Geographic photos with some of the best-ever quotations from literature, philosophy, and art.


It's a good mix, too.  Everyone from Erasmus to Kristen Wiig is in this book dispensing wisdom.  The quotations are organized by month, and each month has a theme like mindfulness, authenticity, love, etc.  I flipped through the whole book so I could write this review, but I think the best way to experience it is to read a quotation everyday.  This morning, in fact, I enjoyed a cup of green chai tea and today's quotation, which was this:


The month of October's theme is generosity, and it couldn't come at a better time for me, for reasons I hope to be able to talk about later this week.

Daily Kindness: 365 Days of Compassion would be an excellent gift-- especially a holiday party hostess gift.  It is also a wonderful little pick-me-up.  It's like a perfectly curated Instagram feed right there at your fingertips.  Buy it.  Read it.  Soak it in.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a "daily get your mind right" kind of thing but nothing has really fit the bill. This might be exactly what I was looking for! Maybe a stocking stuffer too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being a part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete