Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Grown up kids and a TV-watching dog

Every morning, the kids rush to the kitchen to search for their elf and eat a piece of chocolate from their advent calendars.  I'd clutch my pearls about the chocolate, but have you SEEN what's in your average box of breakfast cereal?  I mean.


 Preschool has totally paid off because Dorothy can dress herself in her own winter wear.  In fact!  She went outside and said she was going to shovel the driveway AND SHE REALLY DID IT.  Then she fell asleep in the car on the way to school.
 I went to lunch with a friend and her one-year-old, and she has this totally awesome restaurant kit in a lunchbox, all packed with perfectly distracting toys and some foo that's easy to restock.  GENIUS.
 Beatrix is continuing to adjust to having a tree where her bed should be.
 All of the sudden, this one is a KID.
 But it's OK because his little sister still sleeps in chaos like she did when she was a baby:
 I went to turn the TV off last night before I went to bed, and there was Bea, still watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment