Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Another great birthday in the books

Because when you are 10 you are totally grown up, Jack made his very own birthday treats.
And they were AMAZING.

 But!  He still let me make his birthday cake
 YES PLEASE.
 I applied my Pinterest-worthy wrapping skills to his birthday presents. NO, it's totally NOT a whiffle ball bat that his brothers picked out. Shut up.
 We decorated as soon as the kids went to bed, happy that they were all excited about "Jack;s breakfast birthday party" as they called it.
 Clearly, we were a little excited, too.
How could we not be?  Jack;s the best.  he texted me yesterday when I was at work, and I noticed that the entire text string is filled with the exact text he sent last night (I love you so much) or with audio recordings of the same thing.  Then he texted Ben and me on the same thread and named our group "Awesome Team."
 This tablecloth!  Is seriously the best thing I have ever bought at Target.  It's made it through 2 birthdays!
 One more shot of the whole festive little scene (also as I write this, there are withering balloons all over the damn house, bah humbug).
 We sprang into action at the stroke of 6:35 because Harry needs to go to school at 7.  So as soon as Jack came up the stairs, I ambushed him with a flaming cheesecake.
 Then everyone donned their party hats immediatey
 And Jack got down to business.

He loved everything, including these video game (say that in your best Hank Hill voice) from my parents
 And his little Shutterfly book
 Dorothy, Cooper, and Harry insisted on getting him Jumanji, and the little kids could not believe I said yes because they are pretty sure a pack of wild animals in going to appear when they play it.
 Breakfast party!!
 The brand new 10-year-old
 Dorothy, as you can and will see, was a bit of a photo hog.
After everyone went to school, I ran around like a crazy person putting project lunch into effect.  I had to go to Whole Foods for mac and cheese croquettes, as well as our local chain grocery store for the pasta salad Jack loves.  I also had to make a Trolls-shaped sandwich for Dorothy who goes out of her mind with jealousy on birthdays and clean up the house, which was a total disaster and finish unboxing Jack's toys so he could play during his lunch break.

Because the world's sweetest 10-year-old wanted to come home and have lunch on his bday-- HOW SWEET IS THAT?

And the MVP table cloth kept Dorothy happy
 So Jack could play a little NHL '18
 She ate a lot of washable pain, I am pretty sure, but her appetite was really improved by a mid-lunch walk across the street to take her bother back to school.  We should do that everyday
 For dinner, the birthday kid wanted Buffalo Wild Wings, which was perfect since there is one right by my office, and I had a late meeting.  Ben and the kids met me there, and the everyone played with tablets while the birthday kid got the wings he wanted.  PERFECT.

 Cooper complained of being hungry the whole time but refused all appetizers and then when his food came?  WAS READY TO GO.  He is the most fun ever.
 After dinner, we surprised the kids with  a trip to the BRAND!  NEW! Dave and Busters.  They totally loved it.
 Espeically him
 Dorothy got a rubber duck out of a grabber machine.  THANK GOD.
 We spent a lot of time at this machine, so I took a picture of myself to commemorate.
 Cooper got one, too.  PHEW.
They looooooooved it.
 What a great birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment