Thursday, October 11, 2018

MYO Pizza D(ecorate)YO Cookie Night

The kids loooooooove movie night.  So when they came home from school on Friday to the news that we were going to have movie night and plus also make our own pizzas and decorate sugar cookies, they were so excited to spend a cozy night in.  I mean, it was beyond time for our first 2018 viewing of Hocus Pocus.

I made this dough and about 40 pumpkin-shaped cookies (30 for my TAs on Monday) and a huge batch of buttercream frosting (with a hint of pumpkin pie spice because YES) before they got home.  That meant they got to make around 30 more cookies themselves (they truly love to roll out sugar cookies), and I had some that were edible and able to be shared.

I also prepped the pizza dough while they were at school, doubling this recipe.  IT WAS TOTALLY PERFECT, by the way!  You should make it.

Also!  I went to Wal-Mart to buy kiddie craft supplies and found theis totally perfect sweatshirt.  Thin but fleece-lined, oversized, longer in the back.  TWELVE DOLLARS. Are you kidding me??  I want to go back and buy all of the colors.  But I don't think I can because I hate Wal-Mart.

 This face!  Ha!
 Look at her face here!  (Doubling the recipe was almost too much for the bread machine)
 Beatrix got a little floured.
 They seriously love designing their pizzas.
 Even the big ones.
 Beatrix was a fat little Roomba after dinner, circling the kitchen floor and sucking up all of the sprinkles.  I appreciate her.

No comments:

Post a Comment